Three of my favorite flavors in the world are fresh crab, fresh mango, and salty cashews! Put them all together and you have one amazingly unexpected dip! This dip is a definite step away from the ordinary and you’ll be glad you took the trip.
- YIELD: Makes 3 cups
- COOK TIME:3 Minutes
- PREP TIME:10 Minutes
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups chopped ripe mangoes, divided (about 3 large)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, flaked
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted cashew nuts
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Sauté bell pepper in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Process sautéed bell pepper, 2 cups chopped mango, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
3. Combine pureed mango mixture, green onions, remaining diced mango, and crab. Sprinkle with cashews and cayenne pepper.